Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My "Why". What's yours?

I think my "why" stems from a lifelong desire I've had to help people and make the world a better place. There are a lot more valid reasons for me but my why is just a sincere desire to make the world better. Growing up I always expected to make a big difference in the world. I felt that God had put me here to change lives. I always found myself in leadership positions and I figured that's just the way my life would always be. 
Somewhere along the way, I lost sight of that and got caught up in the party life and developed a lot of selfish habits. 
When I was 23 I changed my life around, got baptized, and ended up serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. While there, I was certain that helping others was my destiny and I was determined to make it happen...but then I got home and ended up selling insurance with money being my only "why". 
It wasn't (isn't) fulfilling for me and I felt like I was living someone elses life, not the one I was supposed to be in. I lived for my time off. I met a LOT of really good people and I learned a LOT of good info. Going out and prospecting clients was fun. I loved that part because I love talking to people. There are just a lot of aspects of the job that are really hard for me to stay motivated with. I FULLY believe in the need for insurance and for good insurance agents. They are critical to sustaining any good society and they DO change lives in the case of covered tragedies, but that's a subject for another blog. I just don't feel fulfilled. I haven't been able to find a deep enough passion for it to really drive my success. Anyways, I've done this since 2005 and in the process I think I let my dreams of changing the world fade. They slowly faded...at about the same pace that my weight slowly increased...at a pace that I didn't even notice...

Then came along Beachbody. Using it TOTALLY improved my health and in so doing, changed my ENTIRE life! Once I saw how much better my life had become, I realized that THIS IS WHAT I WAS MADE TO DO!!! Beachbody coaching is ALL about bringing value to others and lifting people up. It's obviously about health and fitness but it's much more than that. One of the "3 vital behaviors" that coaches are supposed to do if they want to be successful is read 10 pages out of a personal development book every day. This habit has changed my life probably in more ways than getting in shape has helped me! I'm constantly evaluating myself to see where I can improve and how I can help others better. This is all a result of the combination of the results I got for myself, the books I'm reading, and my lifelong desire to do good. Once I realized that I could make this my FULL TIME JOB through consistent part time work (without giving up my current paycheck) and I could devote more of myself to helping others, for me it was a no brainer! I hope to be able to do this full time by some point in 2015! I've started dreaming again! I've auditioned for the reality tv show American Ninja Warrior! I have aspirations to change the world again! I watch shows like Extreme Weight Loss and The Biggest Loser and I come to tears every time because I want to help people like that. I want to travel. I want to build relationships. I want to help people win their lives back. I want to help people save their marriages. I want to help people create financial freedom. I DEFINITELY want to be at all of my kids activities and have the time freedom and financial freedom to afford all those activities. Basically, I want EXACTLY what beachbody coaching can provide through consistent positive efforts! 
There is my "Why". I'd LOVE to hear why you do what you do! Please tell me in the comments!
If you want to see more about what types of things I'm talking about, go to my website by clicking HERE and take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment