Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My health transformation

I was always very fit growing up until about the age of 23. I spent most of my free time on my bmx bike until then and when I stopped spending so much time on my bike, my gut started getting bigger. I ended up gaining about 25 pounds and then started complaining about how I was old and fat. I did that for 7 years. I always complained but I never had quite enough motivation to do anything about it. I always intended to do it but I just never did. Then my 25 year old healthy wife started having a lot of health issues and within 6 months she had gone from being super fit (she did p90x and ran almost every single day) and active to being in an electric wheelchair. We have 2 young daughters and so all the responsibilities that we used to share started to gradually fall on my shoulders alone. As her condition progressed, my responsibilities grew. It got to the point where I was raising my 1 year old and 3 year old almost by myself all while becoming the caregiver of my handicapped wife and also trying to juggle all my other responsibilities as a husband and father. I simply didn't have the endurance to get through each day without bonking. I decided that I needed to get in shape so that I could care for my wife, work, take care of the house, and still have energy to entertain a 1 year old and 3 year old. I started running regularly and eating a mostly vegan diet and I lost about 7 pounds and felt a little better but I still didn't have enough energy. One night I couldn't sleep and I watched a paid program about Focus T25. I told my wife about it the next day because I wanted to get it. She made fun of me at first but then I told her that it was Shaun T and she realized that it was legit, so I ordered it. Within 2 weeks of following the diet (with some adjustments because I'm not eating meat and very little dairy) and the exercises, my energy levels started increasing. Every day my strength is increasing and my energy levels are increasing and life is now not seeming quite so impossible to live. As of this coming weekend I will be 50% of the way through the program. I can't even begin to describe how much of a change it has made in my life. Not only do I have more energy to fulfill my responsibilities but I feel better, I am happier, I look better, and I feel like I have gone back to my early twenties body...all in about 1/2 hour per day for only one month!  Starting t25 was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It's made such a difference in my life that I became a beachbody coach to try and spread some of this wonderful feeling to everyone that is interested! I want my friends and family and everyone else to feel what I'm feeling. Most people probably don't realize how much it can change their life. I know I didn't. I didn't have enough motivation to do anything about my health until I pretty much had no other options and now I feel like I wasted the last 7 years by being unmotivated and unhealthy by choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment